Using Lavencia unbleached Honeycomb sea sponges from Greece during your bath or shower is the perfect way to indulge in a moment of well-being. The velvety texture of our sea sponges are great for creating generous, luxurious foam with just a small amount of soap. Perfectly adapted to any type of skin, our Honeycomb sea sponge is available in 3 different sizes : M, L and XL
- BROWN COLOUR SEA SPONGE! As it is not bleached yellow, the sponge keeps its original colour and full level of strength. Unlike a synthetic sponge no chemicals are used which means you can use it for many years.
- SUPER SOFT, HYPOALLERGENIC. LAVENCIA Honeycomb sponge will not irritate the sensitive skin of babies and children. When soaked in water, it expands by 10%. Our sponge will retain water without dripping and create a rich foam for a luxurious experience. It’s uses include exfoliating, massaging, bathing, shower, artwork and cleaning.
- 100% NATURAL AND ORGANIC, WITH CORD FOR HANGING. Our sponges are biodegradable and renewable, making them environmentally friendly and naturally sustainable. Their anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties prevent the growth of mold, mildew or bacteria. (LAVENCIA M, L, XL size sponges are equipped with a cord for hanging it in your bathroom).
- SUITABLE FOR NEW-BORNS, CHILDREN AND ADULTS. Being the finest of all sponges, the honeycomb sponge feels luxurious on the skin. It will encourage children to enjoy bathing even more and lead younger ones to proactively learn to wash by themselves.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UNBLEACHED AND BLEACHED SEA SPONGE
A Honeycomb sea sponge from the Mediterranean sea is one of the best and softest natural sponges in the world.
Our natural sponges are not artificial, they grow at the bottom of the sea. LAVENCIA Honeycomb sponge originates from the Mediterranean Sea, where it grows 10 – 80 meters below sea level.
Most of the time we see yellow sea sponges. This is because we use bleach to make them look more yellow. Unbleached sea sponges are 100% natural, they keep their natural color which is brown. Because we don’t use bleach, they are also stronger and can be used for a longer time if you follow the maintenance guide.
THE POPULAR “HONEYCOMB” SEA SPONGE
The honeycomb sea sponge is a natural sea sponge that grows in the Mediterranean sea. It is named by the scientists : Hippospongia communis. It is named “Honeycomb” because it contains many canals and large holes that make it look like a real honeycomb made by bees.
LAVENICA unbleached Honeycomb sponge is made of large holes, which makes the sponge easy to absorb water and makes it extremely soft. The holes in the natural sea sponge makes it easy to clean. Therefore, a natural sea sponge is a hygienic bath sponge and is recommended for those with sensible skin.
Because we don’t use any chemical to alter the color, brown sea sponges are more natural and more durable than yellow bleached sponges. LAVENCIA unbleached sea sponge will last longer than bleached sponges.
WHY USING A HONEYCOMB SEA SPONGE?
Deep clean your skin. Its many pores makes the sponge capable of cleaning the skin on a deep level. It will help to maintain a healthy blood circulation on your face and body skin.
Incredibly soft and not harsh for your skin. This means your LAVENCIA honeycomb sea sponge will protect your own body-producing moisturizing oils. 100% Organic and Anti-Allergic, it is incredibly resistant and durable. You may use your sponge for a long time, if you preserve it.
If you are looking for a nice little natural sponge for cleaning your face or your infant, then our unbleached Silk Fine sponge from the Mediterranean Sea is the perfect choice.
HOW DO I KEEP MY UNBLEACHED SEA SPONGE CLEAN?
LAVENCIA natural sponges are strong and durable. If you take care of your unbleached sponge, you will be able to keep it for months or even years.
- Wash your natural sponge with cold & clear water after shower. Don’t let the soap dry inside the sponge.
- Drain the sponge and let it dry in a ventilated place until the sponge is completely dry. Never twist a natural sponge, as this too may cause damage. Instead, drain it by squeezing it hard with your hands without twisting it.
- For maximum care, If you use the sponge daily, we recommend to place the sponge in saltwater for 24 hours once per week. The saltwater should have 125 grams of salt per each liter of water. After 24 hours, take the sponge out of the salty water, rinse it with clean water, drain without twisting and let it dry.